- The Panther Dads’ Group will be meeting tomorrow, January 12, at 7:45, in the Pillow Library.
- Monday, January 16, will be a school holiday, in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Gifted & Talented (GT) Spring Nominations are being taken between now and January 31. Parents should contact their child’s teacher(s) for a nomination form. AISD Dept. of Advanced Academic Services has created a blog – http://aisdaas.blogspot.com/ . They will regularly post activities or special projects, and meetings for parents of GT students.
- The Pillow Science Fair will be on Thursday, January 26. Projects will be due on Wednesday, the 25th. See your child’s teacher for more info. All Third, Fourth, and Fifth Graders will take part.
- We have some new openings for those who wish to ADOPT-A-STAFF member. Please contact Kimberly Davishines at 740-7267 for more info on how you can brighten a staff member’s day!
- Burnet Middle School Band will be visiting Pillow’s Fifth Grade on January 20. Parents, if your student is interested in pursuing Band in Middle School, you may want to attend from 1:15 – 2:00.
- Casual photos will be taken on February 7.
- The following dates have been set as Open House opportunities for families interested in AISD Magnet Programs for Middle School. These are not limited to Fifth Grade parents, so if you would like to attend, feel free to do so.
Kealing Magnet Showcase –January 12, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Fulmore Magnet Program -
Fulmore Open House "A Night of Wonder" January 10, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Ann Richards School - http://archive.austinisd.org/schools/website.phtml?id=166
Ann Richards School Open House – January 21, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm